Photo courtesy White House.
Previewing tonight’s State of the Union
Tonight at 9 p.m. ET, President Donald J. Trump will deliver his first State of the Union Address before Congress. The speech will outline the record-setting accomplishments of his first year and lay out the Administration’s vision for the next 12 months: building a safe, strong, and proud America.
A few important issues that you’ll certainly hear about tonight:
- Tax cuts and the economy: The biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in at least three decades is already fueling an economic boom.
- Infrastructure: President Trump will outline a $1 trillion investment for a large-scale, fast rebuild of America’s depleted infrastructure.
- Immigration: The President will explain his framework on immigration reform, including border security, DACA legalization, protecting the nuclear family, and replacing the visa lottery with a skills-based approach.
- Trade: Building on the President’s address at Davos last week, America will insist on trade deals that are fair and reciprocal.
- National security: America is returning to “peace through strength” in world affairs, making our stances clear to friends and enemies alike.